16 Striking Examples of Portrait Photography

I believe a great portrait is one that moves you when viewed. It’s one that evokes an emotional response out of its viewer and successfully communicates something more about the subject than what is immediately apparent.

It is my hope that this post will help inspire you to take your portrait photography to the next level. Enjoy.

Mohamed Salem

Inge den Oudsten

Chiloux

Caitlin

Portrait Photography Tutorials

10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits
10 More Tips for Stunning Portrait Photography
Here are some great tips and ideas on how to take your portrait photography to the next level.

People & Portrait Photography Tips
National Geographic lays out some tips on how to get the shot you want with unfamiliar subjects.

1. @todayinart says:

Super nice collection! My fav is the kid with the goggles.

2. JohnT says:

OK I’m inspired…grabbing camera now!

3. PhotoNerd says:

WOW! Those are some nice portraits. Thanks!

4. jyothi says:

this is grate yar , very nice photos

5. CodyN says:

Lovely photos. They certainly evoke natural emotions. One can’t level with these photos on a plane of transcendence that undoubtedly goes beyond the limits of our understanding of what the portraiture is truely trying to communicate to the viewer.

Irony
    Contentment
    Comtemplation
    Wishful Thinking
    Doubtful Thoughts
    Absorbition

6. Black says:

Impressive. Gave me inspiration and thanks for the links.

7. Todd NIchols says:

Wonderful pictures! Great use of Natural light!

8. HOLY MOLY, never ceases to amaze me.. Never. The quality of the images, and advice, and links, and blah, blah blah – is superb. PA is my mostesttt favorite ‘must have’.

I could get rid of all my other links, websites etc. And just go here for reference, I can get any advice and inspiration I may need just from being here.

These pictures are some of my favorite that I have seen thus far.

My faves are: the baby, the freckled girl with the laughing eyes, the ollld dude and the last one with the black eye mask.

thanks so much to all of you who put your time into this.

I appreciate it so much.

PEACE.

9. sriganesh says:

thanks for the another post :) my favorite i pick here is
    #1 lithiumpicnic
    #2 Thomas Krauss
    #3 Chiloux

10. Sharon says:

Thank you for including my photo! :) Love the last one.

11. lee says:

There are not enough superlatives to adequately describe the quality of this work.

12. Rosemarie E Seppala says:

So much food for thought. Thank you for the continued information and insights of others. This is how we learn, by sharing our talents with others so they too may pass it on.