Florida is a photographer’s paradise, with a diverse range of landscapes, wildlife, and cultural attractions. From the stunning beaches of Clearwater and Siesta Key to the historic city of St. Augustine, there’s no shortage of stunning photo opportunities in the Sunshine State. In previous articles, we’ve explored the best photography spots in locations like Los Angeles, Colorado, and Arizona. In this article, we’ll explore the best photography locations in Florida, covering a range of themes from cityscapes to wildlife sanctuaries. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Best Beach Photo Locations in Florida
- Best Downtown and City Backdrops in Florida
- Best State Parks for Photos in Florida
- Best Historic Sites for Photos in Florida
- Best Gardens, Arboretums, and Sanctuaries for Photos in Florida
All images in this article are provided, with permission, by the Florida Wedding Photographers at Wedding Maps.
Best Beach Photo Locations in Florida
Florida is famous for its beaches, and it’s easy to see why. The turquoise waters and sugar-white sand create a picturesque backdrop for any photograph. Some of the best beaches for photography in Florida include the following:
Clearwater Beach is a stunning photo location featuring powdery white sand, crystal-clear blue waters, and breathtaking sunsets, making it a perfect backdrop for landscape, seascape, and portrait photography. The pier offers a unique perspective of the shoreline, making it an excellent spot for capturing panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. In addition to its natural beauty, Clearwater Beach offers a range of photo opportunities, including parasailing, dolphin watching, and people-watching. The beach also features unique restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues, providing interesting and colorful subjects for street and urban photography.
Other Beach Options in Florida
- Siesta Key Beach – known for its powdery white sand.
- South Beach – with its colorful lifeguard stands and iconic Art Deco architecture.
Best Downtown and City Backdrops in Florida
Cityscapes Florida’s cities offer a mix of modern architecture, historic landmarks, and vibrant cultural scenes, making them one of the best options for your photo locations in Florida.
Disney Boardwalk is a beautiful and historic photo location in the Walt Disney World Resort, Florida, that offers a unique blend of nostalgia, entertainment, and beauty. The boardwalk’s colorful architecture, charming shops, and vintage-style entertainment provide excellent subjects for street and urban photography. The boardwalk’s tranquil and serene ambiance makes it an ideal location for portrait photography. Whether you’re a Disney fan or a photography enthusiast, Disney Boardwalk is a beautiful and historic photo location that should not be missed.
Other Great City Photo locations in Florida
- The Miami skyline, with its towering skyscrapers and vibrant colors, is a popular location for cityscape photography.
- The Tampa Riverwalk offers stunning views of the Hillsborough River and the downtown skyline.
- Downtown Orlando is known for its iconic landmarks such as the Lake Eola Fountain and the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
Best State Parks for Photos in Florida
State Parks Florida is home to a diverse range of state parks, each with its own unique scenery and wildlife. These natural photo locations in Florida provide endless options for various types of photography, from engagement and portrait photography to nature and wildlife photography.
Eden Gardens State Park
Eden Gardens State Park is a beautiful and historic photo location in South Walton, Florida, that offers a blend of natural beauty and cultural heritage. The park is home to the historic Wesley House, a two-story mansion built in 1897 that offers a unique and visually striking subject for photography. The mansion’s beautiful architecture, elegant furnishings, and tranquil gardens provide excellent subjects for interior, exterior, and garden photography. The park is also home to a variety of flora and fauna, including ancient oak trees, blooming camellias, and colorful butterflies.
Photo by Lazzat Photography (Website | Wedding Maps Profile)
Other Great Options
- Myakka River State Park is a great location for photographing Florida’s iconic wetlands, with alligators, herons, and other wildlife often seen here.
- Bahia Honda State Park, located in the Florida Keys, offers breathtaking views of the ocean and the historic Bahia Honda Bridge.
- Honeymoon Island State Park, located near Clearwater, is a great spot for photographing birds, beach landscapes, and sunsets.
- Blue Spring State Park, located in Orange City, is a popular location for photographing manatees during the winter months.
Best Historic Sites for Photos in Florida
Historic Sites Florida is rich in history, with many sites that offer opportunities for great photography. These old, historical landmarks, full of stories, textures, and interest make some of the best photo locations in Florida.
St. Augustine is a beautiful and historic photo location in Northeast Florida that offers a blend of natural beauty and cultural heritage. The city is the oldest continuously occupied European settlement in the United States and is home to an abundance of historic landmarks and architecture, providing a unique and visually striking subject for photography. St. Augustine’s cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, and historic fort provide interesting subjects, and the city’s beautiful beaches, waterways, and parks also provide excellent opportunities. In addition to its scenic and historic beauty, St. Augustine is also home to a vibrant arts and culture scene!
Fort Pickens is a historic military fort located on the western tip of Santa Rosa Island in Pensacola Beach, Florida, and it offers several great photo opportunities. Here are some reasons why it is a good photo location: Scenic Location, Historic Architecture, Beach Access, Wildlife Viewing, and Sunset Views.
Other Great Options
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Miami is a stunning estate with a mix of Mediterranean Revival and Italian Renaissance architecture, surrounded by beautiful gardens and fountains.
- The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum in Key West is a must-visit for fans of the famous author, with its beautiful gardens and iconic six-toed cats.
Best Gardens, Arboretums, and Sanctuaries for Photos in Florida
Gardens and Arboretums Florida’s botanical gardens and arboretums offer a peaceful and scenic backdrop for photography. Wildlife Sanctuaries Florida is home to an abundance of wildlife, from alligators to sea turtles to manatees, making them some of the best photo locations in Florida.
Bok Tower Gardens
Bok Tower Gardens is a stunning photo location in Lake Wales, Florida, that offers a blend of natural beauty and cultural history. The garden is set on 250 acres of rolling hills and features a 205-foot-tall singing tower that houses carillon bells, providing a unique and visually striking subject for photography. The garden is also home to a vast array of plant life, including azaleas, camellias, and roses, making it an excellent location for macro and nature photography. The garden’s many scenic walking paths, ponds, and fountains also provide beautiful subjects for landscape and seascape photography.
Kraft Azalea Garden
Kraft Azalea Garden is a hidden gem in Winter Park, Florida, and a stunning photo location that is perfect for capturing natural beauty. The garden is nestled in a lush and shaded area along the shore of Lake Maitland. This provides a colorful and ever-changing backdrop for nature and macro photography. The garden’s picturesque walking paths, charming footbridge, and tranquil waterfront views make for fantastic landscape and seascape shots. In addition, the garden’s peaceful and serene ambiance provides an ideal environment for portrait photography. Whether you’re looking to capture vibrant flora and fauna or serene water views, Kraft Azalea Garden is a beautiful photo location that should not be missed.
Other Great Options
- The Everglades National Park is a vast wilderness area in South Florida, with opportunities to photograph alligators, birds, and other wildlife.
- J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge, located on Sanibel Island, is a popular spot for birdwatchers and photographers alike, with hundreds of species of birds and other wildlife found here.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, located near Cape Canaveral, is a great location for photographing birds, as well as the iconic space shuttle launch pads.
- The Marie Selby Botanical Gardens in Sarasota is a stunning botanical garden featuring thousands of exotic plants and flowers, with stunning views of Sarasota Bay.
- The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens is a center for Japanese arts and culture located west of Delray Beach
In conclusion, Florida is a treasure trove of stunning photography locations, offering an abundance of natural beauty, unique architecture, and vibrant culture. From the white sandy beaches of the Gulf Coast to the lush greenery of the Everglades, there is no shortage of places to capture unforgettable photographs. The state’s rich history, diverse wildlife, and colorful sunsets provide endless opportunities for photographers to capture unique and breathtaking images. Whether you’re a professional photographer or an amateur with a smartphone, Florida has something to offer for every photography enthusiast. So grab your camera and start exploring the best photo locations in Florida today!