Helpful Photography Cheat Sheets to Make Your Life Easier

Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned professional, sometimes we all need our memory jogged. It’s never a bad idea to have some convenient references handy just in case. I have listed what I think are some helpful cheat sheets to keep in your camera bag.

Portrait Lighting Cheat Sheet Card

Helpful Photography Cheatsheets

PhotoBert Cheatsheets

Helpful Photography Cheatsheets

[ad]

Reflector Card Cheat Sheet

Helpful Photography Cheatsheets

If you have any other recommendations for helpful photography cheat sheets please leave a comment below.

Get Photography Inspiration Weekly To Your Inbox

Comments

Thanks for the referral link and my apologies to those who were unable to download from the free downloads page. After a lot of requests to fix the link, I decided to put it back live, so if you would like a copy, it’s available from the store page as a “Dollar Download Deal”! Enjoy! http://www.canonblogger.com/store/

really simple things, but really effective. i’m just starting out and i’m thinking about creating my own versions of these cards. something productive to do on one of those rainy days! :)

3. hendrik says

I was really interested by the 49 tips cheat sheet, but unfortunately, the page it links to no longer has the tips posted… anyone know where else to find them?

4. wes eubank says

I believe the light falloff cheat sheet is wrong. The top row is arranged backwards! The closer the light, the softer the light. At a distance, you will have a point light source, and there will be no diffusion.

Reverse the sequence of the top photos and you will be fine.

5. Scott Bird says

Great stuff! Inspiring me to make one that I need all the time – basic camera setup! I bounce from sports to low light to flash to portrait. Each requires a different setup for shutter, ISO, aperture, mirror lock, cable release, white balance… It seems like I’m always clicking off the first few and missing good shots due to basic errors. Anyone got something like that?

6. Rob says

A suggestion
    A chart where one axis is a range of apertures, the other axis a range of focal lenths and in each box of intersection the depth of field and it’s starting distance from the film plane.
    Rob g

There seems like something is amiss in the light fall-off card. The further away your light gets, the more fill it has, and the softer it looks. The opposite should be true. This leaves me thinking perhaps your light is bouncing around your studio and thus increases the light’s size and fill.