52 Dazzling Examples of Sunset Photography

One of the most colorful times of the day is when the sun is going down to rest behind the horizon. It’s an ideal time to get out the ole camera and get to work. It’s also one of the most challenging times to capture the light just the way you want. As the sun falls closer to the horizon you can count on dramatic changes in lighting from minute to minute.

Here is a showcase of handpicked favorites that is sure to inspire.

Alin Stoianovici

tobolka

nectar666

Lucas Janin

Ingrid0804

John Dalkin

28 Responses

1. Thank you for featuring my photo “Tomorrow Will Be a Better Day”. It is very nice to be a part of this beautiful collection of sunset photos.

-Loren Zemlicka

2. Brandon says:

I think I just want to say Breathtaking! Thank you for sharing.

3. mannedspace says:

Gotta admit it…this is one of the better ‘best of ____’ collection I have viewed this year. Nice job.

4. Ted Rex says:

I just wanted to let you know that I posted the Hopper image on my daily design blog: http://designthoughtfortheday.blogspot.com/ with a link back to this page. Great collection!

Ted

5. Michael says:

Loved these images…think the one named “koksuel” let them down a little.

Very inspriational though.

Well Done Guys!

6. Amit says:

wowieee..superb images..the silhouette photography of Parachute is good but seems to be edited..would like to suggest sumthin on sunset/sun rise photography.. using the long focal length (140mm and up) – will allow u to see the sun as a big disk.. :) and using small aperture will giv u a big depth of field..
    nice viewing your blog..

7. Han Cheng says:

Wow, very beautiful sunsets. I wish I can take pictures like those!

8. Jackie says:

AMAZING!!! will definetly be coming back to see more photos!

9. Jared Botha says:

If anybody wants to see the view I had everyday from my balcony in Cape Town check out this link below. I do miss my home town.

10. Elliot Haney says:

wow… some of these images are stunning… thanks so much for putting together a gallery like this!

11. Carlo says:

Great collection of these sunset photos. Very inspiring!

12. Jabelchen says:

These pictures are all amazing!

13. Wow these are very beautiful pictures. Great Segment!!. I have an article on my own site that talks a little about sunset and sunrise photography. http://clickitphoto.net/a-romantic-atmosphere-a-guide-to-sunrise-and-sunset-photography/

14. sam says:

most striking sunsets…

15. Leonard says:

Very nice photos, I took a shot of our sun facing teh North Sea (the Netherlands) 2011/7/10 A cruel sun that hurts your eyes and is yet fascinating, take a look! Camera: Canon EOS 550D

Nice blog.

16. Dylan says:

Beautiful photographs. I’m a sunset photographer myself. Ya’ll should check out my work at http://flickr.com/night2061

17. Napoleon Y. Belciña says:

Very Brilliant Shot! It’s far beyond compare than any other sunset photos!

18. eunisse08 says:

This Pictures are stunning and very impressive . The Photographer have done his job creatively! Very beautiful sunset pics – love it!

19. Divine says:

Your photos are great indeed. They inspire me.

20. jenn says:

Great photos. Kinda funny, it doesn’t matter how many sunsets we see, it never becomes less fascinating and no matter how many sunset photos they are, they never look the same.
    Here is another huge collection of stunning sunset art photography.

21. Casey M says:

These pics are amazing!!!! Please check out the awesome sunset I captured from my plane video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M22zEJKNtm4

22. Absolutely gorgeous photos

23. Brilliant!!! Absolutely amazing!

24. martin says:

Brilliant! some truly amazing sunset photography here. I see so many pictures of sunsets and so often they are very uninteresting, thanks for sharing.

25. Mark says:

Spectacular photos! Would love to create photos like these some day!

26. Love these photos! Every sunset is so different. Thanks for sharing!