10 Must Have Apps for iPhone Photography

With the recent announcements from Apple you can feel the excitement surrounding the new iPhone 4 and its 5-megapixel LED flash camera. Keeping in the spirit I thought I would share what I think are some photography apps every iPhone photographer shouldn’t be without.

Hipstamatic
iPhone Photography Apps
The Hipstamatic brings back the look, feel, unpredictable beauty, and fun of plastic toy cameras of the past!

ProCamera
iPhone Photography Apps
ProCamera enables you to utilize your iPhone without limitations, transforming it into a high-end digital camera with full-resolution picture processing and the ease of a snapshot-cam.

Camera+
iPhone Photography Apps
With just a few quick taps, you’re able to transform dull, lifeless photos into beautiful creations. Editing your photos with Camera+ is extremely simple and intuitive to use

MonoPhix – Black & White
iPhone Photography Apps
Transform your iPhone/iPod Touch pictures in high depth Monochrome at full resolution with MonoPhix!

FX Photo Studio
iPhone Photography Apps
FX Photo Studio features the broadest selection of high-quality photographic effects at the App Store (Currently 140 Effects).

Perfect Photo
iPhone Photography Apps
Perfect Photo offers the easiest way to improve your pictures.
It contains all of the tools you may ever need for photo editing. But more important is that all of them are extremely easy to use.

CameraBag
iPhone Photography Apps
Dramatically enhance your photos using the many classic camera and film simulations in CameraBag

ShakeItPhoto
iPhone Photography Apps
ShakeItPhoto is the most realistic instant photo experience for the iPhone. Works just like a real instant camera. Watch the photo develop

Cross Process
iPhone Photography Apps
CrossProcess adds color and character to your photos by emulating the look of Cross Processing film. CrossProcess turns your ordinary iPhone shots into beautiful, one of a kind images with unique colors and contrast. Based on looks

Camera Zoom 2
iPhone Photography Apps
With Camera Zoom, you can now zoom in and out in real-time when taking pictures, by just simply moving the slider.

Android users: make sure and check out our Android photography app roundup.

Comments

I saw a small error in your article. When mentioning CameraPlus, the bottom photo with the NYC taxi cabs is the screenshot for Camera+, a different app than CameraPlus.

I think the HTC beats the iPhone for mobile photography, seems to have a lot of power and pixels, how about a shoot-out my HTC v your iPhone ?
    Check the stuff on my flickr, cheers

An excellent post. A lot of good suggestions. Either MonoPhix app is really essential if you like black & white photos from an iPhone — great choice, often overlooked by other Top 10 lists.

ProCamera and Camera+ are currently the two best camera replacement apps available, in my opinion. Both have excellent digital zooms. Wouldn’t that make Camera Zoom 2 a redundant addition to this list?

=M=

FX Photo Studio is coming with an update shortly, they promise 30 new effects and other updates. And does anyone know what’s up with Hipstamatic page – could not access it today for some reason

Hey all! I am a professional wedding photographer, and have begun dabbling with my iPhone camera a bit – just for fun. I have posted some of my favorite iPhone shots on my blog. As you guys are the experts here, I’d appreciate you checking out my work & letting me know what you think!

All photographs I’ve posted on this page are captured, edited, and uploaded with my iPhone 3GS.

Cheers,
    Dan

6. Jackie says

I am going to have to say that I am not much of a fan of ShakeItPhoto. It was not what I expected and definitely not worth what I paid. My friend used to talk about CameraBag and how much she loved it but I’m not sure I want to pay for it and have it be just like the other free photo filter apps. I have a list of a few cool iPhone photo apps that I may want to try but I’d love to hear some suggestions and reviews > http://www.skinnyscoop.com/list/jackie/cool-iphone-photo-apps

7. Sarah says

I’m a big fan of the iPhone 4S camera. Some of the photography apps are fun. The accessories you can get for it are amazing too. The Olloclip is pretty ace. Worth checking out anyway.

8. photo1969 says

Another cool app to use is bits which allows you to use filters, add frames, draw on or write text on photos, and then send them out quickly and easily – and it is free.

9. mn says

I am looking for an app for my iphone to text label images. Other features are great but am needing to label pictures. I am new at this so any help is appreciated thanks.

10. Vicky Christina says

I recently tried a new iPhone Photo app called Zitrr Camera. And i am so much better at photogaphy now! Give it a try! Must Buy!

11. Scott says

I’m looking for a app to improve my camera on extreme close ups. I work in the electronic component industry, basically I deal with all the parts that are inside the iPhone and these parts have top markings, usually, lasered into them at the size of .5mm for each letter or/and number

12. Alystar McKenneh says

I want to take zoomed in pictures of jewelry. Do you have a suggestion for a zoom app that can get in really tight and still be clear? Thanks.
    Alystar